Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Years Resolutions Starting January 7, 2009

I am not the type of person that makes these(mostly because I know I will break them.) However, I have decided that there are some things I need to change.

1. I must stop talking to my husband the way I do. Over the last few months, I find myself getting really short with him and I say some awful things. This causes him to respond in a not so nice way. It is not healthy and I need to stop.

2. I need to start eating healthier. We eat out way too much and that leads me to make unhealthy choices. There is no reason why I can't learn to meal plan and cook healthier alternatives.

3. I need to read more. I use to be the girl that devoured a few books a week. I need to spend more time reading again and ditch the TV. I mean do I really need to watch another episode of The Real Housewives of Orange County?

4. Be a great Mommy. I think I do alright, better than alright in my humble opinion. However, I want to be the best Mom. I want my children to look back on their lives and think I did a great job.

5. Become more organized. I want the organized calendar. I want my filing cabinet to be immaculate. No more piling papers up to be filed.

6. I want to start taking control of my health care again. I have always gone to the dentist, eye doctor, gynecologist, etc. like clock work. I hate to admit this, but I haven't been to the dentist in 4 years. Yikes!

That's it for now. No more excuses.

4 comments:

Alison said...

You go Shannon!!! You can do it!

Emmelie said...

I could have written this. I haven't been to the dentist in at least 4 years either...!

Alyssa said...

Awesome, but I have to disagree with #4 I believe it was:
"I mean do I really need to watch another episode of The Real Housewives of Orange County?" Answer: Yes, yes you do. :) P.s. Even though the OC one was the best, NY is coming back. Just thought I'd spread the word...

Alyssa said...

Ooops, it was #3, not #4. I agree with #4. :)